| Skippers of the World Unite!
Welcome to Iskip! This web site is dedicated to skipping. In May of 1999, iskip was created and the national skipping movement was launched. Little did we realize how quickly the idea would take off. Perhaps it's the child-like innocence of skipping down the street....or maybe it's how desperately our world needs something positive to cling to....or maybe it's that skipping is a tremendous form of exercise that makes working out fun. Whatever it is, skipper sightings are being reported around the world.
Iskip started in San Francisco, but it hasn't taken long for other cities to join the cause. A global community of skippers...dedicated to making the world a happier place...is forming. "Head Skippers" are organizing skips in their cities....We regularly hear from skippers worldwide who are thrilled that something is being done to make skipping an acceptable part of our lives.Things are happening fast....and this is just the beginning.
What's New on Iskip?
Locate skippers from your state
Read the journal of iskip founder Kim Corbin
Read Email from Skippers around the world
Keep up with all of the iskip media coverage
Read a press release about skipping
Meet the people who are making iskip happen
Check out the new iskip tshirts and sweatshirts.
- The iskip bulletin board is up and running! Now skippers from the same state can easily communicate with each other. Hesitant about skipping alone? Just leave a message on the board and see who skips your way!! CLICK HERE FOR THE MESSAGE BOARD
- A multi-city skip is currently being planned for Sunday October 24th. On that day, group skips will happen in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Charlotte, Austin, and Champaign, IL....We expect this list to grow. If you are interested in receiving information on being a Head Skipper in your area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on skips in these cities, please contact your local Head Skipper:
*Los Angeles, CA skippers email Abradbound@aol.com
*Chicago, IL skippers email email@example.com
*Charlotte, NC skippers email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Austin, TX skippers email email@example.com
*Champaign, IL skippers email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested in being a head skipper? Iskip is looking for self-starting "Head Skippers" to organize regular skips in their cities. Head Skippers should be comfortable dealing with the media, outgoing, happy, and have a strong desire to make a difference in the world. If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com.
- San Francisco skippers can now subscribe to an iskip mailing list that will keep them up to date on San Francisco skipping outings, events, etc. To subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put 'subscribe sf-skippers' in the subject line.
- We recently were forwarded a study that proves that skipping burns more calories than running. The exact number of calories is yet to be determined....But if you're skipping on a regular basis, you'll notice the results!!
- Skipper profiles are now being updated regularly. Read about your fellow
skippers by clicking here.
- Sunday October 24, 1999 and Sunday November 21, 1999 -- A
Sunday Skip in Golden Gate Park--We meet at 2:30 in the park, across the
street from where the roller bladers skate to music at 6th & JFK. There is a
grassy area right across from "the skating place." The skater's audience will
have their backs towards you. The skip leaves at 3! If you miss the start,
meet up with us at Sharon Meadow where the drumming circle is.
- Wednesday November 3rd, 1999 -- A Happy Hour Skip--We'll meet
in front of the fountain at Justin Herman Plaza after work and the skip will
leave at 6:00. Come early and meet your fellow skippers! Our final
destination is the Irish Bank, for a more traditional happy hour.
Los Angeles, CA Skips
- Sunday October 24, 1999 -- The First Sunday Skip -- Meet in the parking lot in
front of the Rose Bowl at 3:00. Look for the iskip sign. At 3:30, we skip!!!
Chicago, IL Skips
- Sunday October 24, 1999 -- Sunday Skip through Grant Park--Meet at the
Buckingham Fountain. The skip leaves at 3. Look for balloons and a bunch of
Charlotte, NC Skips
- Sunday October 24, 1999 -- Meet at 1:30 at the Lake Shelter area of Freedom
Park. The skip departs at 2. Look for balloons and a skipper wearing a bright
yellow iskip tshirt.
Austin, TX Skips
- Sunday October 24, 1999 -- Sunday Skip--Meet in the quad at Dean Keaton Street
between Whitis and University Avenues. Look for a skipper wearing a bright
yellow iskip tshirt and a sign.
- Sunday October 24, 1999 -- Sunday Campus Skip--Meet by the steps of Foellinger
in the quad at University of Illinois at 1:30. The skip leaves at 2. Look
for a skipper wearing a bright yellow iskip shirt and will be carrying some
For more information about any of these skips, email email@example.com.
Remember that skipping is supposed to be fun. When you go out for a skip, don't worry about distance. Many skippers walk for most of their workout and add a block or two of skipping from time to time to raise their heart rates. You can skip for a long distance, skip for a short while, or only skip in the privacy of your own home. All that matters is that you find a way to add skipping to your life. Also, remember that it is always wise to consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
Iskip Needs Your Help!!!!
Iskip exists because the skippers in our growing community graciously volunteer their time, energy, and talents to the project. If you'd like to see who is working behind the scenes, check out the skipping saints section of the web site. If you'd like to get involved with researching, writing, programming, etc. of the iskip, let us know! There's plenty to do!!
Not a Skipper?
That's OK! We realize that skipping isn't for everyone. We are promoting the general tolerance of skipping and hope you will encourge those that skip around you. We also encourage you to spread the word to potential skippers in your life---you can usually spot them a mile away!! Just pass the iskip URL on to every potential skipper you know and you've done your part to spread some happiness to the world.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.